Your shopping bag is empty
- High strength filament resists breaking or tearing even if nicked or punctured
- Synthetic rubber adhesive attaches on contact to fiberboard surfaces
- Ideal for bundling, strapping and reinforcing applications
- Transparent backing provides excellent abrasion, moisture and scuff resistance
- Available in new convenient-sized packaging
- High tensile strength ideal for strapping, bundling and reinforcing applications
- Laminated glass yarn filaments protect against tape delamination to help ensure tape strength and performance
- Synthetic rubber resin adhesive offers good adhesion to a variety of substrates
- Adhesive offers excellent balance of initial adhesion and long-term holding power
From the Manufacturer
Laminated Adhesive Layer Provides Extra Measure of Protection
Designed as a high performance packaging tape, Scotch Filament Tape 893 combines a strong polypropylene backing reinforced with continuous glass yarn filaments and a pressure-sensitive rubber resin adhesive. This aggressive adhesive provides an excellent balance of initial adhesion and long-term holding power to most fiberboard surfaces, including recycled and printed fiberboard. The multi-layer adhesive system prevents delamination to help ensure tape strength and performance throughout the application. Scotch Filament Tape 893 is a good choice for heavy-duty sealing, shipping, splicing, palletizing and is used throughout the automotive, furniture, metalworking, transportation and general industrial markets.
Provides Very Good Holding Power Under a Wide Range of Conditions
The adhesive provides good initial adhesion and holds well with minimum rub-down. The tough, clear film backing is abrasion and moisture resistant, offers good aging and protects the filaments and adhesive to help your boxes remain closed for long period of time. The backing, filaments, and adhesive combine to provide high tensile and shear strength and provide an extra layer of security against tampering and product theft. This tape gives you good holding under wide range of conditions with a minimum amount of tape, leading to lower cost for applications where high tensile strength is a main requirement.
The World’s Go-To Source for Filament Tapes Since 1946
3M's line of filament-reinforced tapes and strapping tapes are high strength, reliable and affordable solutions that give you product and package integrity. For closing boxes, stabilizing pallets, bundling and reinforcing; securing appliance components during transport and easy-open tear strips, our high strength tapes provide important benefits for manufacturers of piping, metal products, furniture, appliances, automotive parts, sporting goods, as well as food and beverage processors.
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface through Science and Innovation
In the 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division, they apply the science of adhesion to deliver innovative solutions that improve the design and manufacturing processes of companies around the world. In the end, 3M technologies help customers like you deliver competitive products to the market faster and more efficiently.